The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blogger Software Updates

Am I the only one who has found the updates to the Blogger "Edit HTML" Posting screen to be less than satisfactory?

For example, no longer do options for misspelled words come up.  When your spelling is as bad as mine this is a bad thing.

And where are the tools for adding photos and videos?  And why can't we attach PDFs and Word Documents?  For me this improvement was a definite step backwards.  Maybe those who use the "Compose" tab have found it to be a roaring success.  I wish them well.

In the mean time, where do I go to tell Google about my problems and complaints?

Regards  —  Cliff

3 comments:

Craig H said...

Are we seeing the same screen? I still see the little pushbutton widgets to add links, images, videos, etc. right above my "edit html" window on the compose window. (And I still get little red squigglies when I type "pushbutton" as one word, and "squigglies", too).

Was there an update I'm not using yet or something like that? Is it possible you accidentally tripped one of your settings settings to turn the conveniences off? (I guess I answered one of my questions--I'm checked to use the "old editor" and very happily so).

The longer I work in "high tech" the longer I believe in the efficacy of "low tech" over the effluence of "new tech" that is created purely for the excuse to charge us more money, as oppose to actually create something useful...

I'll see what the new editor looks like one of these days, and let you know what I think about it then.

Craig H said...

Oh--I get it... They've basically pushed the pushbuttons for a wider variety of HTML tricks to the compose/edit window to make it "easier", and cut back on the "edit HTML tab.

Have you tried living on the "compose" tab, instead of "edit HTML"? It looks as if that's the intended direction to send amateurs like us. But what, obviously, do I know...

You also do know, don't you, that the older the user, the more disdainful they are of our obdurate natures where change is concerned. ;-)

Craig H said...

Oh, and about the complaining... Try this link for starters and for fun:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=3dc1dcc66b340fbf&hl=en