The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Republican Senate Challengers Emerging—in Michigan


For John, BLUFThere are still people who want to run as Republicans.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




This is an old article, datelined 22 October 2017, but it is by Reporter Salena Zito, publishing in The Washington Examiner.

Here is the lede plus three:

James is young, accomplished, black, determined, devout, and the kind of new conservative that the Grand Old Party needs in order to shake up next year's midterm election cycle.

He is at once full of energy, grace, command, and passion.  When he tells you he is running on conviction, everything about this young man tells you he is not a poser.  "I am called to a life of service.  I want to serve my country and my community and my state.  When I would come back from Iraq on leave during the great recession, the economic and societal devastation I saw here in my own state floored me," he said.

He is one of a handful of Republicans who are running to take on Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow.  His primary rivals include Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice Bob Young. Rep. Fred Upton, who represents the Kalamazoo and environs, is considering as well.

"We need stronger leadership in the U.S. Senate.  I think I bring that to the table.  I graduated from West Point in 2004 and went to Iraq in 2007.  I served as an Army captain in Operation Iraqi Freedom where I flew Apache helicopters and led two platoons.  I came back home and joined the family business in 2012," he said of James International, the business his father founded.

Well, there is the fact that he is a "rotor head", but aside from that he looks as good as Massachusetts US Representative Seth Moulton.  Better, given the fact that he has run a business.

And there is this.

There's a little irony there, his father and mother are both Democrats.  In fact, his father donated to the very sitting U.S. senator he would like to face next fall in a general election.

James smiles, "I have been a conservative and Republican all of my life. My parents I suspect will support me," he says laughing.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: