The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

English Language Requirement


For John, BLUFSo the White House Press Corps wants to exclude English speakers?  Nothing to see here; just move along.




In one of the videos CNN Reporter Jim Acosta asks the White House Spokesperson, Mr Steve Miller, about the English language requirement:
Are you just going to bring in people from Great Britain and Australia?
I am guessing Mr Acosta has never met anyone from India or Pakistan.  Or asked for Help from some on-line service, which has been out-sourced to the subcontinent.

I am guessing that Mr Acosta has never traveled to Europe, where he has talked to the locals in English.

On the other hand, referencing Great British, there is this cautionary tale.

Want an example?

A few years ago I was shopping around a resume of a Dutchman.

One of our PhD Cognative Psychologists retorted that "We are doing a data dictionary.  We need someone who speaks English.

My response was "His English is better than yours."

"Get me some writing samples."

I got a couple of term papers from when this person was getting a Masters Degree from (Virginia's) Old Dominion University.

When I left the company this person moved right up.

I am guessing that Mr Acosta believes, based on his own experience, that either (a) all people from Canada speak French or (b) no Canadians ever want to immigrate to these United States, just Winter in Florida.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

  There is the exception of Scotland, as show in this YouTube video (skip the add).

No comments: