The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Really?


For John, BLUFThere is help out there for your tax issues.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



So, because I wanted to check out a TIN, a Taxpayer Identification Number, I went to the Web and came to this page, which is titled "Contact My Local Office in Massachusetts".  The first thing that struck me was that the IRS Andover Office was not included, but there were seven other offices from which to pick.  The second thing that struck me was that even though phone numbers were provided, each time I called an office I was told there was no telephone service.  Does that even make sense?  On at least two levels:
  1. Why have a phone number listed if it is a box canyon?
  2. Why, in this day and age, would an agency of the Federal Government not provide a phone service to the Citizens of this Great Nation?
Best I can tell, to receive help I need to go to Boston or Brocton or one of the other offices (not in the Lowell area). For several of the offices I need an appointment, which I can get by calling a number.

It turned out, when I called that number, that I got to talk to a very nice and helpful person, who forwarded my call to someone who could help me.

So, while I was initially despairing, I came away with a good experience.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: