The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Cake Baking and other Baking


For John, BLUFThis has jumped the shark.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



One of my interlocutors has been pimping me about Indiana and its "Religious Freedom Act".  I assume it is all in good natured fun.  Because my local jeweler, the man who puts batteries in my wrist watches, refused to fix my Rosary, because he is a Muslim and the Crucifix offended his religious sensibilities, I asked my interlocutor if he wanted to protest.  He said that he doesn't wear jewelry, not even a watch.  Then he quoted Einstein, saying "Time is relative".

And that brings us back to Indiana.  In most states time is the same across the state, but in Indiana it depends upon the County you are in.

I would like to suggest that a State that can handle differing time zones can handle getting a wedding cake for a gay couple and still help those bakers with strong moral scruples maintain those scruples.

I do admit that I am not sure I understand going to "Christian" bakeries, as opposed to Jewish or Muslim.  It isn't like there are not Muslims all over the place, including here in Lowell.  Are they seen as small potatoes, or are they seen as folks who will punch back, or are they seen as people who cannot be intimidated?  Or will it look like Islamophobia?

Oh, buried in this article are poll numbers of how the People feel about the issue.  On the other hand, we know from MIT Professor Jonathan Gruber that the voters are stupid.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Even thought it does seem to follow Saul Alinksy's 12th Rule for Radicals—"Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.  (This is cruel, but very effective.  Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)"
  Well, that is one way to slip out of it.  By the way, if there was a protest, I would side with my jeweler.  He is a nice guy, just trying to live his life by the lights given him.  His scruples.
  In this case, not a real gay couple, just a jeep reporter.
  Here is Steve Crowder doing hidden camera interviews.

No comments: