The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Reporter Tom Ricks Drifting in His Own Pool


For John, BLUFSome write to provoke.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



At an Althouse blog post Thursday morning was a comment on the article by Reporter Tom Ricks, headlined "Why Am I Moving Left".  The sub-headline was "I used to be right down the middle.  But America’s changed, and so have I."  The venue for publication was Politico.

The Ricks lede:

In my late 50s, at a time of life when most people are supposed to be drifting into a cautious conservatism, I am surprised to find myself moving steadily leftward.
Frankly, I think it is just Tom Ricks playing the contrarian card, to see what will happen.

In the comments at the Althouse post was this little jewel:

Blogger john said…
Before national elections NPR always sends their intrepid reporter up to a small town in New Hampshire where she finds a group of "staunch republican" women who nonetheless will vote democrat this time because of the vile rightward shift of the GOP.

I look forward to those news broadcasts in the fall.  When I hear them I know Christmas is coming soon.

7/24/14, 12:23 PM

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: