The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Jindal Update From Sun


For John, BLUFTime for real diversity, a Republican of "color".  Nothing to see here; just move along.



In the Sunday edition of The [Lowell] Sun was an opinion piece by Ms Kathleen Parker, on Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal.  I think it is a puff piece, but, frankly, I like Mr Jindal.  One of my friends here in Lowell thinks Gov Jindal sold out by becoming a Roman Catholic, but from my point of view (1) I am an R/C and think it is usually a good decision and (2) if he was just pandering, even in Louisiana he would have become a Protestant Evangelical.

Best line of the article:

Hide the children.  He defied protocol!
I will grant you that Governor Jindal doesn't "look" presidential, at least not like Vice President Biden looks presidential.  But he seems to be a tough cookie, and smart.  I do admit that Rhodes Scholar thing works against him.

Regards  —  Cliff

  To some of us these distinctions actually signal differences of opinion and style.

1 comment:

Mr. Lynne said...

Jindal's been pretty bad on establishment issues and has very much been a detriment to education. Not just the standard funding way, but in the 'let's teach bad content' way.