The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Buying Donuts


For John, BLUFNot all donut purveyors are created equal.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



Remember Fred the Baker?  Remembered his catch phrase "Time to make the donuts"?  Fred made you think that Dunkin' Donuts was a serious operation.  And so it is, mostly.

The other day I dropped my wife off at a medical appointment and drove off to find a near-by Dunkin' Donuts.  My template is the Dunkin' Donuts on Route 38 in Lowell, across from the gas station.  On Rogers Street in The Belvidere.  The Option X doesn't measure up.

I ask for a Poppyseed Bagel.  I was told they don't have Poppyseed, but I can have a Sesame seed Bagel.  It makes me think about Jesus talking:

Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Matthew 7:9
Well, anyway, I wasn't having a Sesame seed Bagel, so I asked for a Plain Bagel.  "We don't have any Plain Bagels."  I settled for a Boston Cream.

For my Wife I asked for a chocolate frosted raised donut (not cake).  Didn't have any.  Fortunately, her other choice was a croissant and they had one.

Then I asked for "Hash Browns" those little bags of button sized shredded potato.  Properly cooked and seasoned they are wonderful.  In this case I got two servings and they were oily and greasy and instead of being eight or ten individual items, they were all mushed together.  Yuck. I am going to be favoring the one at 651 Rogers Street.

Regards  —  Cliff

  From the King James version, the one Paul used when he preached.  Hat tip to Bob Mumford.
  As an aside, I often ask for "Philly" with my Bagel.  Usually the clerk has no idea what I am talking about.  That strikes me as being a little narrow, culture wise.

No comments: