The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Not Your Parents' Party

Over at The Wall Street Journal is an article by Sohrab Ahmari, titled "Martin Peretz:  From Truman to McGovern to Obama".

Mr Peretz's complaints ring true with me.  In 1968 I happily voted for the Happy Warrior, Hubert H Humphrey for President.  However, in 1972 I voted for Richard Nixon notwithstanding who he was, because of who the Democrats nominated, and why.  I was hoping the ticket would be Henry (Scoop) Jackson and Shirley Chisholm.  I still think I did the right thing, notwithstanding.

Thus, the Roanoke speech and Professor Warren's comments seem to be off key to me.  They represent another view of the United States from the one I hold.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Per The Huffington Post tells us that Mr Ahmari "is an Iranian-American journalist and a nonresident associate research fellow at the Henry Jackson Society".

No comments: