The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Distorted Reporting

City Life is over and I have not switched the channel, since I have been working on a blog post.  As a result, I am listening to Democracy Now News Reader Amy Goodman claim that yesterday's buycott of Chick-fil-A was about people opposed to same-sex marriage.  This seems to miss the more important point that the folks who yesterday gave Chick-fil-A a record sales day were sending the signal that they didn't approve of some of their political leaders using their cities' zoning and regulating powers to retaliate against Chick-fil-A.  Special emphasis goes to Boston, Chicago and San Francisco.  I would note that Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who I have criticized in this blog for being a bit of a nanny mayor, condemned those fellow mayors who wanted to prevent expansion of Chick-fil-A in their communities.

Comments in the blogosphere include those from Professor Ann Althouse here and here.  And, from Legal Insurrection, this.

The truth is out there, but it has to be hunted down, through a jungle of misdirection.

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

I'm confused... Don't the chicken folks sell large sodas? I'm filing this one under the "stopped clock is right twice a day" heading.