The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

PowerPoint Anniversary

Death By PowerPoint

The inventor of PowerPoint, Robert Gaskins, writes about the 25th Anniversary of the program's development for the Beeb, here.

Then there is this:
I am a Powerpoint Ranger. This is my creed.

This is my PowerPoint. There are many like it but mine is 2007.
My PowerPoint is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I master my life.
My PowerPoint without me is useless.
Without my PowerPoint, I am useless.
I must format my slides true. I must brief them better
than the other J-cells who are trying to out brief me.
I must brief the impact on the CINC before he asks me. I will!
My PowerPoint and myself know that what counts in this war
is not the number of slides, quantity of animations, the colors
of the highlights, or the format of the bullets. We know that it
is the new information that counts. We will brief only new information!
My PowerPoint is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus I will learn it as a brother.
I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its fonts,
its accessories, its formats, and its colors.
I will keep my PowerPoint slides current and ready to brief.
We will become part of each other. We will!
Before God I swear this creed. My PowerPoint and myself are
defenders of my country. We are the masters of our subject.
We are the saviors of my career.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy,
but peace (and the next exercise)!
There you have it, except for Edward Tufte, who writes here.  Per Professor Tufte,
Power Corrupts.
PowerPoint Corrupts Absolutely.
Now you have it.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Well, to the extent any one person has ever invented anything.
  You have it if you recognize Lord Acton's quote about Vatican I.

No comments: