The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Sun Blog Says...

I am not a follower of the Blog of the Newspaper of Record, but I was directed over there this afternoon, to view and article on Mr Lenzi and the GLTHS School Committee.  This is a topic already covered by both Gerry Nutter's Lowell and Left in Lowell.  Next Sissy Willis will be talking about it.

The gist of it is that current GLTHS School Committee Member Michael Lenzi is buying (has purchased) property in Dracut and might be moving out of Lowell.  Thus he would forfeit his position on the School Committee and someone would have to be appointed to take his place.

The thing that did get my attention was that the Reporter, Chris Scott, right after reviewing former School Committee Member Michael Hayden's bid to return to the job, mentions my name.  I won't be coy.  Lowell School Committee Member Kim Scott asked me if I would be interested and I said that I would.  It is a chance to service the community and the GLTHS is a very important part of our system for raising children and producing good citizens.  I don't recall saying that if appointed I wouldn't run for an additional term.  I think they have me confused with Mr Hayden.  Two years is a long ways off, let alone three.  On the other hand, I had not been planning on running for the position when Kim called.  Instead, I had been thinking about how I could help out if we here in Lowell again bid for money under the Promise Neighborhoods Grant program.  But, GLTHS must not be neglected.  It is a jewel in our crown.

We do need to be making Lowell a "Learning Community".

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

Thoughtful, experienced people are an asset any time they can be utilized in any such a situation--I think the city would be lucky to have you serve. I'm glad to see others might think so as well.