The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Symbol of Republican France

Over at The New York Times, on Saturday, 21 May, reporters Steven Erlanger and Maia de la Baume gave us a picture of Anne Sinclair, wife of accused rapist Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK).  The article tells us that in 2006 she told the newspaper L'Express, in response to a question about her husband's womanizing:
No!  I’m even proud of it.  It’s important to seduce, for a politician.  As long as he is still attracted to me, and I to him, it is sufficient.
Well, it is France, after all.

However, with regard to another assertion in the article, I am not convinced that Ms Sinclair, along with Brigitte Bardot (1968) and Catherine Deneuve (1985), was a model for Marianne, the allegorical symbol of France.  I do not fine the name Anne Sinclair amongst those who have been listed as a model for Marianne.  Not that I would be opposed, even now, in her 62° year.

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

Indulging an adult their peccadillos is one thing, but aiding and abetting either a sociopath (rapist) or a fool (entrapped into sex with a stranger while running for public office) is no excuse for marital "solidarity". I would expect my spouse to be either better-controlled about their appetites, or possessed of better judgment. Either way, it's an embarrassment on her that she can't see either.