The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

LBJ and Harvard

In another venue we were having a discussion of President Eisenhower's Farewell Address and his mention of the MIC, the Military Industrial Complex.  One person suggested that Academia should be in that term, which resulted in a short discussion of what constitutes acceptable academic credentials.  Thus, when I stumbled across this quote it resonated with me.
I don't believe I'll ever get credit for anything I do in foreign affairs, no matter how successful it is, because I didn't go to Harvard.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Jack Mitchell said...

America has a credential fetish. But it cuts both ways. My pal told me, "In any building of enterprise, there are two, most, powerful people. One sits aloft in the Penthouse suite. The other works in the basement."