The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Double Log In

Where I work they went to "Single Sign In", which, of course, means you have to sign in twice for certain things.  I get that.  Life is tough, as John Wayne says, and the job of Tech Support is to make sure you don't forget it.

But, when you are in College, life is already tough, so why the added lessons?

Why, when I log into my UMass Lowell EMail and then go to check the Parish Notices do I have to log in again?  Why can't the EMail contain the information or at least the links that go right to the information.

I will admit I don't often go to the Parish Notices because I am a mere Continuing Ed student, but there was one on parking, which caught my attention.  That double log in.  And, since the last time I changed my password I didn't do it via the official password page, I didn't change my password in all the locations it is registered.  Thus, my problem finding out about parking.  But, a very nice young woman at the Help Desk pointed me in the proper direction and I now have a new password and have checked on the parking thing.  Turned out to be a reminder of a reminder and not something governing me going to class.

I wonder if I could get someone to put Internet Services at UMass Lowell under "Bricks and Works"?

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: