The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Gov Blanco Goes Blank

I haven't read the book, so I am depending on Tiger Hawk for this comment on President George W Bush's book.
"Who's in charge of security in New Orleans?" I asked.

My question silenced the raucous discussion in the Air Force One conference room on Friday, September 2, 2005. "The governor is in charge," Mayor Ray Nagin said, pointing across the dark wood table at Governor Kathleen Blanco.

Every head pivoted in her direction. The Louisiana governor froze. She looked agitated and exhausted. "I think it's the mayor," she said non-committally.
The Lesson Learned here is that if you are a local governmental agency you have to ASK for help.  Even if the Feds are on your doorstep, with the help, they have to be ASKED to help.  It is the way the Federal Government works, and the way the Federal Government should work.  The individual states are fairly sovereign and that is a good thing.  Remember "Mother may I?" Governor Kathleen Blanco asking for 24 hours to think about it is unconscionable.

Hat tip to the Instapundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: