The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, October 22, 2010

NPR CEO Vivian Schiller Apologizes to Juan Williams

Law Professor Ann Althouse (she voted for Obama two years ago) says the following:
Apologize?  You can't just apologize unless Williams could just apologize. NPR CEO Vivian Schiller must resign.
Then, below the video of NPR CEO Vivian Schiller she has this comment:
And don't you just love the notion that ordinary human feelings are mental disorders that should be kept hidden?  In NPR's delightful vision of the future, no one will dare to speak about how they feel and every inappropriate twinge that breaks through your self-protective numbness will be medicalized and treated.  Imagine a country that adopts a psychiatric treatment model for political dissent.
Then, after the comment about imagining "a country that adopts a psychiatric treatment model for political dissent" she has a link to a New York Times article from thirteen and a half years ago.  For those of you who haven't guest, it talks about the Soviet Union.

All my adult life I have been hearing about how I need to get my feelings out and share them—something men didn't do when I was a young man.  Now I find that it is not something humans should be doing, except with their shrink or their publicist.  I have neither.  I am wondering if it is OK to share my feelings with my wife?

But, back to the main issue, yes, if Ann Althouse is calling for your resignation it is time to go.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Remember, NPR CEO, Ms Vivian Schiller, suggested in public and on video that the comment for which News Analyst Juan Williams was allegedly canned was something he should have shared with his shrink, or his publicist.

1 comment:

Craig H said...

This much I agree: Schiller was intellectually weak in her excuse for firing Williams, and is arguably just as much of a liability to NPR for her comments as Williams is for his.

I've always tried to keep in mind, when firing people, that the reason for the firing needs to be the reason given for the firing. If the reason doesn't hold water, then the whole mess sorts itself out before one gets ahead of ones self.