The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Law is Complex

My youngest brother sent me a link to a court decision in which his name appeared (he was the contracting officer who denied a claim for money by a company). However, as my middle brother noted, in an EMail, and which I picked up from its several mentions in the court decision, there was a reference to "Rick’s Mushroom Service v. United States,".  This, in turn, lead to "spent mushroom substrate".  It makes you never want to again have your steak smothered in mushrooms.

I have a PDF copy of the 14 June 2010 decision in PARADIGM LEARNING, INC., v THE UNITED STATES, which I would be happy to EMail to anyone who asks (crk at theworld.com), but I don't yet know how to attach a PDF to a blog post.  Advice would be appreciated.

In a twelve page decision, Judge Margaret M. Sweeney, of the United States Court of Federal Claims, dismissed the defendent's, request that the case by Paradigm Learning, Inc, be dismissed.  The Paradigm folks are claiming that having seen their product the Government created a like one of its own and didn't pay up for violating the proprietary rights of Paradigm.

I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out, as the fondest dream of my 20s was not to make Ace, although I would have loved it, but to hold a patent and to be able to say to the Government, no, we will use my Terms and Conditions.

Regards  —  Cliff

  That would be us taxpayers, represented by Joseph A. Pixley, United States Department of Justice.

No comments: