The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rush Slips

I think Rush Limbaugh slipped up today on his radio program.

Mr Limbaugh referred to President Obama as an "idiot."  I think el Rushbo went over the line with that comment.

That is not to say there is not precedent.  Remember the bumper sticker that said:
A Village in Texas is Missing its Idiot
Very clever, I admit.  However, over the line.

The President of the United States is the President of all of us and he deserves a modicum of respect.  Whether we agree with him (or her) or not.

To say the President is wrong, is ignorant of the facts, is acceptable to me.  To suggest impeachment and conviction is OK with me.  But, there needs to be some limits.

I would like to hear that tomorrow Mr Limbaugh says that he went to far today.  He can do that and still hold that the President is wrong, seriously wrong, on Health Care.  More on Health Care Reform later

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

The New Englander said...

Cliff,

But just like the health care thing, there are some massive double standards here. Credit due to all those who denounce ALL the name-calling, but the level of vitriol spewed by those who suffered from BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome, something I first read about here) dwarfs anything I've heard so far.

How many times was Bush called an idiot, a monkey, or worse? Too many to count..but again, credit to you and others who don't believe in an eye-for-an-eye, but for generally more civil discourse instead..

best,
gp