The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blog Rating

Boy was that disappointing.  My niece Katie (Kathryn, formally) gets a PG-13 for blogging about "Scrapping" and does it just by mentioning "knives."

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

I wonder how others would do with their blogs.  If you are interested, go to this URL.  You pop in your URL, then go through a page that asks if you wish to join an on-line dating service (the opt out is in the lower right hand corner) and then you get your rating and the code to post it on your site.

Actually, Kathryn's blog is a very poster friendly place, which I like.  Also, it shows the diversity of the blog.  I am under the impression there are a goodly number of Scrappers who blog about their craft.  I wonder if they should all band together and come up for next year's Lowell Folk Festival.

The other question is if it would be acceptable (and legal) to edit out the "Created by OnePlus You" and the "Free Dating Site" comments.  "The Other Cliff," over to you.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I see you chose to hotlink, while I chose to save the imag and host it myself {thus eliminating the singles dating ad}. Both hot linking and right click saving have their pros and cons, as well as their vehement defenders and detractors. In this case, I woud have to go with hot linking as the more appropriate action and they are obviously providing this service as some kind of viral marketing. In which case, you have probably followed the more appropriate action of the two of us. As for the G rating, "Damn the torpedoes! Full steam {speed?} ahead!"

That should get you at least a PG.

Kathryn

C R Krieger said...

Kathryn

Thanks for your help in my quest for a "better" rating.

Regards  —  Cliff