The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Martha Coakley Stumbles

I dislike it when things like this happen. Since I never remember how to spell schadenfreude I have to look it up. Looking up a word you can't spell is not always easy, especially for those of us challenged in the spelling area.

That said, the ruling of Lowell Superior court Judge Jane Haggerty in the UMass Lowell Dorm case does bring on that feeling of schadenfreude.  The hat tip goes to my wife, who pointed out this article in today's Lowell Sun.

Unfortunately, the ruling is not going to magically provide those needed dorm spaces.

Contracts are important, but for Attorney General Martha Coakley to insert herself into this when she did and the way she did seemed like a little much at the time.  The original story broke in the 18 August 2008 edition of The Sun.

And then there is this article by Jennifer Myers about a week ago in The Sun, about Westfield State College being able to go forward with a like project.

I know it isn't true, but from time to time I get the feeling that the politicians down in Boston (including those running the larger UMass Presidency) think of UMass Lowell as just another ...

Maybe just best to quote the first comment on the article in The Sun, from Thumb of Chelmsford:
so all Martha did was make sure ULowell has to waste more money putting kids up in hotels.  Great job.  Maybe it's time to tackle the corruption in Boston and stay out of the area.
That assessment works for me.

Regards  --  Cliff

PS:  I wish Journalist Jack Minch had provided a link to previous articles in this article on line. Maybe I ask too much.

No comments: